Sunday, December 30, 2012

Who are these men anyway?

Of course punishment is a must. They must be taught a lesson.

But what if these rapists were a politician's sons? Would those in power have still maintained that severest of punishment will be awarded?

What if the rapists were family, which indeed is very common in our society. Would then the cry for justice have even escaped from the four walls of the victim's house?

There is an uproar that the victim could have been anyone, you, me. I would like to remind us all that the rapists also could have been anyone from amongst us. It's not some special breed of men but men from amongst all of us.

Punishment is a must but at the same time, a change in mind set, a change in how men treat women, in how society views women is needed urgently. It's not going to happen over night but it needs to start sometime. Now is a good time.

No comments:

About Me

My photo
I do not have a one-liner for myself and writing anything more than a line here would amount to vanity and/ or boredom. Best left unsaid, even though I've already said so much.